Friday, October 05, 2007

Back from the mountains

i'll let you in on some of the life lessons i learned on my six-day journey in the colorado wilderness over the next few days. in the midst of the profound, though, let me give you a small dose of my reality...

on the plane ride home, as we approached dfw airport, the pilot comes on the speaker and echoes these wonderful words: "ladies and gentlemen, let me be the first one to welcome you dallas. it is cloudy and winds are from the southwest at 15 mph. there is a slight chance of thunderstorms and it is a brisk 94 degrees."

a brisk 94 degrees? you gotta be kidding me! texas in october...sheesh.

4 comments:

Greg Allen said...

posted at 1:09 am?!

oh, pastor...

Greg Allen said...

oh, and welcome back.

Anonymous said...

looks like another 80 degree christmas...

Anonymous said...

You've got to be kidding me..."brisk" 94 degrees. I guess that was meant to be interpretted as "Very shortly ladies and gentleman you'll feel the intensity of heat hit your face with a force and vitality that just makes you wish I'd turn this plane around."